MHCLG has now released its Coronavirus (COVID-19): Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) Guidance. This document provides advice on meeting the regulatory requirement to secure a valid EPC during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. It is important to note that this updated advice applies only In England.
- Energy assessors are free to visit properties to carry out assessments. Assessors should follow the latest government guidance for working in peoples homes. Where assessments are carried out, all public health guidance on social distancing must be followed. Companies should ensure employees understand how to operate safely and communicate this to customers.
- Assessors should contact the owners of the property to be assessed prior to the assessment to make sure they understand which areas will be assessed and ensure that all doors and access panels are open and surfaces have been cleaned with household cleaning products in line with public health advice. During a visit, members of the household should follow social distancing guidance, staying 2 metres away wherever possible, for example by staying in another room.
- No work should be carried out by a person who has coronavirus symptoms, however mild or anyone who has been asked to self-isolate.
- Assessors should wash their hands immediately upon entering the property, using separate towels or paper towels which need to be washed or disposed of safely after use.
An accredited Energy Assessor with Elmhurst Energy Systems Ltd, specialises in providing clients with quality Domestic Energy Performance Certificates and Non Domestic level 3 Energy Performance Certificates ensuring a fast turnaround is achieved.
Colette ( Female Assessor ) of Freydan Energy Assessing currently carries out Energy Performance Certificates for Private Landlords, Social Housing, Estate Agents, Solicitors and also the Energy companies for the Feed in Tariff scheme.
Our business stands out from the crowd due to the fact that we are extremely flexible.
Freydan Energy Assessing now offer 'Legionella Risk Assessments'.
Landlords have a legal duty under the HSAW Act to assess the risk of exposure to tenants to Legionella and ensure they are properly controlled.
If you require some more information regarding the services offered, please give us a call.
Freydan Energy carry out EPC's and Legionella Risk Assessments in various locations: Swadlincote, Derby, Burton on Trent, Uttoxeter, Ashbourne, Coalville, Ashby de la Zouch, Linton, Rosliston, Rolleston on Dove to name but a few.
Energy Performance Certificate
The Risk Assessment takes approximately 1hr dependant on the size and amenities within the property. I will need to check all taps (including any outside taps). I need to check all warm water taps, Cold water tanks. Should the property have a combination boiler, please ensure that this is turned on at least 30 minutes prior to my visit. I will need access to the loft if the cold water tank is in there.
The survey for a Domestic Energy Performance Certificate will take approximately 1 hour depending on the size of the property. I need to gain access to the property that requires the Energy Performance Certificate, taking notes on measurements and gaining photographic evidence on the the following:
- Exterior of property (front and rear)
- Gas/Electric meters
- Double glazing
- Heating system
- Loft space
- If you have any documents relating to any extensions, rooms in the roof, FENSA certificates, Insulation certificates, this would be beneficial to see during the inspection
On completing the inspection, I will produce an Energy Performance Certificate (normally later on that day) and forward this through to yourself, Estate Agent etc